Monday, March 02, 2009

me vs. randy


Eric vs Randy from crossfitoneworld on Vimeo. This was a video that Freddy posted of Eric doing "Randy." (Yeah. That sounds totally funny!) Here's the story... If I recall correctly, this WOD happened when Eric was just starting to teach the 7:15 class. At the time, I was the only one who would show up. So I go to the gym and Chong explains that they're trying to convince Eric to do "Randy" so that he could get on the board. However, Eric was trying to find an excuse to not do the WOD. So he decides to to use me as an excuse. In the very beginning of the video, when Chong says I "cock-checked" Eric (what an awful term!), Chong is referring to me bitching Eric out to do the WOD. Apparently, the guys find it cute when I curse and say mean things to them. It was pretty funny, if I do say so myself!

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles

CrossFit One World WOD: "Randy"

Complete 75 power snatches for time. 40#

Joanne's Final Time - 9:40

Notes (to myself) about this workout: It's been a week since I've been in and admittedly, I've been really anxious to workout. I have to say that tonight felt really good. I went on my warm-up run and it just clicked. The pace, the music, the scenery, etc. That's always a good sign that you're going to have a great workout.

I've met "Randy" before and every time I've always hated the motherf---er! My previous times have ranged from 14-17 minutes and I've always lifted 35#. Those times and notes can be found here, here, and here. I'd have to say that this is the first time I've ever done "Randy" where my back isn't in pain.

I can't say that my snatch is perfect. (Um, before you decide to start making inappropriate comments, please read this disclaimer. Thanks.) However, I think my movement tonight was the best it's ever been. Below is a video of what a good "Randy" looks like.


In particular, notice the hip extension and the shrug. When you nail these movements, the snatch is a lot easier and the rhythm you form makes this WOD much better. Tonight was probably the first and only time I've ever felt the hip extension and shrug click. I also bumped up the weight to 40#. The next time I do this, I'll toy with a 40-45# weight. Rx'd is 55#.

In other CrossFit news, I'd like to give mad props to Miss Shannon. This chica's got some STRONGS! I'm jealous, but she's so lovable that I can't hate. Boo! Shannon rx'd "Randy" in a little over 7 minutes. That's incredible!

Finally, I wanted to send some good vibes to Will B. As I've said before, I'm totally rooting for you to get THE job you WANT. Good luck on that interview. They'd be stupid to not hire you.

Oh! And good luck to Miss Diana on her interview tomorrow! I know they'll adore you.

No comments: