Monday, March 16, 2009

no more runner's toe

I'm the first to admit that I don't have the cutest feet. I have my dad's feet and for as much as I love him, I do know that he had some of the ugliest feet. I inherited that from him. That and his earlobes. And his temper. Anyway, for the past year, I've had runner's toe. (If you want to know what runner's toe looks like, it's right here. Um. Don't say I didn't warn you. For the record, my toe wasn't quite this bad. In fact, my problem is that the toe nail didn't fall off!) My right big toe had a bruise from wearing inappropriate shoes while overseas. Anyway... I've been waiting for it to grow out and have been covering it up with nail polish. Though I like the girlie-ness of nail polish, I don't like wearing it all the time. Have you ever seen the toenails of an older person who lives in nail polish?  Their natural nail turns yellow. I think it's from the chemicals. Though I like a little toe decor, I prefer to give my toes a break. Well, after about ten months, the bruise finally grew out and I can go bare. Wa-hoo! This is my celebration photo. Now stop laughing!

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles
stretching
poking fun at what's-his-face about the overhead squat

CrossFit One World WOD
10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1 reps of:
Inverted pull-ups
Burpees
Knees-to-Elbows
12" box jumps

Joanne's Final Time - N/A

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This was a great WOD to do on a rest day. This was what the Fit-to-Fight class had planned. Eric, Lisette, and I decided to crash the party. I didn't do it for time, but it was a hard WOD nonetheless.

No comments: