Thursday, March 12, 2009

the queen

I think there was just something in the air this week. On Tuesday I ran into Roman and he told me about our very own queen Jolie and her training at one of the other local gyms to prep for the CrossFit regionals. Next thing I know, Jolie makes her way to the One World site. It's been a long time since I've seen her and it's great to hear that she's doing well and training hard for the games. FYI - If my eyes serve me correctly, This box looks like it's about 2.5-3 feet! Whoa! What I'd do to have a jump like that!

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete 5 rounds for time of:
10 chest to bar jumping pull-ups
25 walking lunge steps
You should be pulling chest to bar even if you are doing box jump pull-ups or band assisted pull-ups.

Joanne's Final Time - 14:05

Notes (to myself) about this workout: Since yesterday's run, I've been reminded of how much I miss the running. At best, I'd do a half marathon. The training is tough and it's a true test of patience. In the past, I used to run 1.1 miles as my warm-up but I've just been lazy. Right now, with the longer days and the warmer weather, I'm slowly gearing up for running season. My most ideal race is 10 miles because that's long enough to make me feel accomplished, but healthy. Anyone up for the training? I'm thinking about the SF half in July and/or the San Jose half in October and/or the Nike Women's Half, also in October. They may have the Human Race again in August, which I may do as well. Again, if you're interested let me know.

Today was technically a rest day, so I decided to make up Monday's WOD. The good thing is Laurie and Lisette had to make up Monday too. Um. Call me a bitch, but chest to bar pull-ups are lame. I'm really bad at pull-ups, so I ended up using a high box to get my chest to touch the bar. Lesson learned. Next time we have to do this, I'm sporting a major push-up sports bra so that I don't have to pull so much. HA! Anyway, my inner thighs were burning. I learned after the WOD that when doing a lunge step, it's best to focus on the movement coming from the hip. Thanks for the late tip, Eric! Now go I.F. your self. ha ha! Just kidding. Speaking of which, kudos to Eric and all those that battled it out with "Linda." She's a killer, isn't she?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

oh god I can't believe I am going to say this.... I think I might wanna train with yu for running... I hate it so much but I need to do it.

j-ro said...

Believe it, Shannon! Let's start small. How about we do a 5K (roughly 3 miles) sometime in June. If Nike still has the Human Race in August, we'll do that. It's a 10k. We'll pace the runs - maybe a 4:1 or 3:2 run/walk pace. You can do this!

The Human Race is a virtual run, so we can run it anywhere we like and not have to deal with the pressures of competition.

Let's talk more about it when I see you in class next week!