Thursday, March 05, 2009

easy like sunday morning

Yeah. Right when I'm totally ready to go back to the Sunday oly lifting classes, the studio is CLOSED for a certification. Boo! Oh Well. This is Alex (in the front) and John (behind Alex), who usually frequent the Sunday class. They usually kick butt. But then again, all the other CrossFitters kick butt. I hate them. Just kidding. ha ha. Seriously. Don't let them fool you. Alex, in particular, is a total beast. Sometimes I want to laugh. But he's serious business. And I'm afraid that if I laugh, the Marine in him will throw a beer bottle at me or something. ha ha. Okay. Another joke. Go ahead and laugh.

Warm-up
5 minute row
Random stretching

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete three rounds for time of:
21 kettlebell swings 35#
21 box jumps 12"
500m Row

Joanne's Final Time - 16:38

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I really liked this WOD. Chong designed this WOD. It was challenging and I HATE box jumps and timed rows. But this was a killer in a good kind of way. Eric suggested I lower the box because we're shooting for high intensity in short time. Since it takes me some time to do the higher box (it would have taken me about 24 minutes to finish if I used the larger box), we went low. Here's a little CrossFit secret... I LOVE kettlebell swings. It's got to be my favorite movement ever!

No comments: