Thursday, July 17, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
4 mile run
Three rounds of:
5 jumping pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats
(Note: On the last round, I didn't do the squats because we had to start the WOD. Ahem. No complaints here.)

WOD: Randy
Complete 75 power snatches for time. 35#

Joanne's Final Time - 17:45

Here's a video of what the power snatch is. Yeah. We had to do 75 of these fuckers!


Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Technically in CrossFit terms, today is my day off. However, I'm not following their traditional schedule. My goal is to do CrossFit four days a week. Hence, why I do it Monday-Thursday. This morning I could tell why they do a three day on, one day off schedule. By the fourth day, you really are spent. It also doesn't help that Mon-Wed my CrossFit workouts are at night and on Thursday it's in the morning, leaving not a lot of recovery time.

This morning started with a four mile run. It took me 50 minutes and I averaged about 12:34 per mile. I forget that all my runs have been 3 miles and under. The jump from 3 miles to 4 miles doesn't sound like a lot. However, it does make a difference because that's 25% more that I usually run. I did the run at an interval pace and I finished. From here on out, my practice runs will be four miles. This first one was tough, but as time goes on, it will get easier.

I'm glad that I decided to walk the actual race and the long mile training because the blister issues are surfacing again. I don't want to go through that again. Some ways I'm dealing with it are: 1) I'm finding that I really like BlisterShield because it works better than body glide by making sure the feet stay dry. The powder absorbs the yuckiness and seems to be working okay. 2) I'm using the Under Armour heat gear socks. They're thin and allow my feet to breathe.

Today's WOD required 75 weightlifting movements. I opted to go light - 35#. I'm sure if Eric were there, I'd have to do at least 45# or more. I opted light because I was tired and wanted to nail the movement. Again, I finished pretty slow because most people finished under 12 minutes. At least I now know what a power snatch should feel like.

No comments: