Friday, July 04, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
Run 400 meters
Clean and Jerk progression

WOD: "Grindy"
Complete the following for time:
10 clean and jerk 45#
5 rounds of 5 pull-ups/10 push-ups/15 squats
10 clean and jerk 45#
5 rounds of 5 pull-ups/10 push-ups/15 squats
10 clean and jerk 45#
5 rounds of 5 pull-ups/10 push-ups/15 squats

Joanne's Final Time - 35:16 (Note: I modified by doing jumping pull-ups and push-ups on my knees; I did deep squats without the ball)

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Today marks 5 days in a row of CrossFit. In truth, I can't remember the last time I did five days in a row. My goal is to go four days a week. I went today because yoga and belly dance were cancelled. I thought I would take the day off. However, I really wanted to get a hang of some of the olympic lifts. Next Friday I volunteered for the cert, but it looks like I'm going to have to cancel because I completely forgot that I committed to work that day. UGH! I was really looking forward to working on some of my form.

Anyway... This was tough, but I was glad I went. I actually like doing cleans. With Oly lifting, you have to be really patient and not go crazy with the weight. That's totally fine with me. I just like lifting some weight. I don't need to lift heavy. One step at a time is all I ask.

I'm still trying to figure out the eating thing. UGH! I'm eating better and am keeping a journal which is great. My only issue is the timing of meals and stuff. Like working out, eating requires discipline. I'm working on it.

Happy 4th of July to you all! I'm heading out to the city today and then tomorrow going on adventures with my gals!

Finally, I'm posting the videos from the One World CrossFit site so you can have a sense of today's WOD. I'll try to do that on a regular basis as well. Again, HAPPY 4TH!

This is the "Grace" portion of the WOD:


This is the "Cindy" portion of the WOD

No comments: