Thursday, July 31, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

This is Chong showcasing his pirate face. I have to give a special shout out to Chong for entertaining my conversation with Eric about "dating preferences." Yes, it is different when you say that you prefer "exotic brunettes." Hope you got a kick out of that silly mess!

Warm-up
Run 800 meters
Stretching
Practice burpees and overhead squats

WOD: Jeremy
Complete 21/15/9 reps for time of:
Overhead squats 45#
Burpees

Joanne's Final Time - 13:01

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Technically today was a rest day. However, I chose to do this WOD because it incorporates two movements I need to work on. Okay. In truth, I need to work on everything. But I've been wanting to do this one in particular. When I talked this over yesterday with Eric, he said I could do it with the RX'd 65# weight. However, I guess I wasn't feeling it today because I had to scale down to 45#. No big deal.

Today was a lesson in nutrition. My eating hasn't been all that great this week and I can feel it. I came in today pretty low energy. Perhaps I've just been tired because of the not-so-good eating and I simply needed a rest day. This is probably why CrossFit recommends the 3 on, 1 off WOD schedule. Today was my 4th day in a row and even Eric could see I didn't have as much energy as I usually do.

Regardless of being low energy, I finished in 13:01. This is faster than the 15 minutes I was anticipating. Yea for me.

No comments: