Wednesday, July 23, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Today's CrossFit Games athlete is Brian G. I don't know too much about him because he trains in the very early morning and well, I don't get up that early to workout these days. I do know that he's a local firefighter and according to Freddy, a CrossFit ass kicker. I think that's all we need to know about Brian G. As always, congrats on a job well done at the games!

Warm-up
1 hour of yoga
Jump rope drills

WOD: modified "Annie"
Complete the following for time of:
100 jump rope rotations
50 Abmat Sit-ups
80 jump rope rotations
40 Abmat Sit-ups
60 jump rope rotations
30 Abmat Sit-ups
40 jump rope rotations
20 Abmat Sit-ups
20 jump rope rotations
10 Abmat Sit-ups

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I was sad to walk into yoga and find that Dolian is sick today. Tamara, a woman who used to take yoga with me a LONG time ago was the substitute. I totally enjoyed the class because Tamara lets us sink into the poses much longer and it was a little more relaxing than usual. Having her was a great switch up and it was exactly what I needed today.

Unfortunately, Eric also had to back out of today's WOD. Not a big deal because technically, today is a rest day. I still wanted to get a workout in, but I wanted to take advantage of bringing down the intensity. Additionally, I wanted to work on my jump rope skills. Right now, I'm not quite there at doing the double unders. I need to speed up my jump rope rotations. Once I coordinate that, I'll get to the double unders. Today's WOD was good practice for that. I also liked that I had to do a shit load of sit-ups and I focused on doing a good Abmat sit-up.

Though light, I was happy with today's "recovery" WOD.

No comments: