Thursday, July 24, 2008

lululemon goodies

Yesterday Margaret and I stopped by the lululemon store in Berkeley. Ever since Freddy declared lululemon a "chick" store, I've been baffled. The lululemon men's gear is so up Freddy's alley. Anyway, during our visit, I stumbled upon this bag. For those of you who don't know, lululemon bags are the shizz! I received my first one from my best friend who gave them away as bridesmaids gifts last year. Unfortunately, the ones she gave us are a little too small for my gym needs. Instead, I use the bag for my makeup jobs because there are so many cool compartments.

So yes, I stumbled upon this bag which was marked way down. I'm talking WAAAYY DOWN! It was well over 50% off. Plus, it's PURPLE! Ahem. Did I ever mention that purple is my FAVORITE color? Not only that, this bag matches my yoga bag. So yes, it was too good to pass up. I HAD to get it! When I brought it to Margaret's place, I immediately transferred my stuff and OMG! it's a fabulous bag! There's a separate shoe compartment on the bottom that holds my size 9 extra wide shoes and corresponding socks. There are two main top compartments for clothes and toiletries. There are also tons of pockets and things. I can also store workout essentials like gloves and a jump rope and still have room to boot. I LOVE this bag.

My other lululemon purchase was this hydration belt. I hated my old hydration belt from the marathon because the band was made with ballistic nylon, and it tends to cut into your waist and stuff. This belt is constructed really well because it hooks on to you instead of having to velcro it on like other ones on the market. All the attachments that hold the bottles and the extra pocket are completely movable. Finally, the material is so soft that you can wear it around your waist without any poking or snagging your precious dri-fit. You can also wear it higher, under your bust if you like.

I'm not big on hydration belts and have been just carrying my bottle. However, carrying the bottle can be a pain and I do need pockets to carry my keys and such. I took the belt for a test drive this morning and it takes me some getting used to. However, I was fine by the end of the run. I'm not big on the little bottles, but I can hang because everything else about the belt is great.

Yes, I highly recommend a visit to lululemon and I highly recommend these products. They totally rock!

No comments: