Tuesday, July 01, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
3 mile run

Row 1000 meters
David Lee's warm-up and stretch.

WOD: The Filthy Fifty
Complete the following for time:
50 box jumps 16"
50 jumping pull-ups
50 kettlebell swings 15#
50 walking lunge steps
50 knees to elbows (modified)
50 push press 25#
50 back extensions (on floor)
50 wall balls 6#
50 burpees
100 jump rope rotations

Joanne's final time - 43:41

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I started my morning with a three mile run. It took about 40 minutes. I'm really loving the Nike SportBand because it does help me keep track of mileage and pace. It seems that at every run, my pace gets better and better. Today's run felt really good. I still have to stop and walk every now and again for three miles, but this has been my best run do far. I'm also loving my new running shoes. They feel like clouds. They cost a pretty penny, but they'll last, which is nice. Kudos to the nice guy at the New Balance store in Santana Row for helping me out!

I'm feeling good because I'm feeling like I'm back to my old self again. I feel healthy and strong. My only issue is eating. With all the stuff I had to do, my first meal didn't happen until after 12 noon today. Before then, I just had a banana that I managed to sneak in. I have to do better at timing my meals. I will say that keeping a food journal helps. The idea that I have to WRITE everything makes me more conscious of what I eat. Also, I'm missing the portions at the Philippines and have been trying to mimic them. Right now, I just hate the uber-stuffed feeling that the portions here give you. So far, so good.

The WOD was tough today and 1) I pat myself on the back for actually finishing it. 2) I give kudos to David Lee for refusing to let me slip by. No matter how long it was gonna take me, he was gonna make sure I finished. It was great. I had to do a lot of modifications, but I was just glad I finished. At the end of the WOD, I was dripping wet with sweat. Even Roman had to ask if I had just taken a shower. Whatever dude. Don't make me play more 80s rock for you. Anyway, I was spent, but a good kind of spent.

I've decided to drop my Thursday morning spin classes and focus on CrossFit. I just feel it's going to help with my running. I'm due for a half marathon in October and the conditioning is just better. Also, in the few CrossFit WODs I've been doing, I can feel my body change. It's a good feeling. Getting back on my feet is frustrating, but I'm doing the best I can and am actually liking it!

No comments: