Monday, July 28, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Today's CrossFit Games athlete is Mia S. Unfortunately, I don't know Mia well, but I do know she works her butt off. We were working out once at the same time and I recall Mia doing two WODs in a row. Now that is total CrossFit dedication. Congrats to Mia on the CrossFit games!

Warm-up
1 hour of yoga
TWO rounds of TEN reps of:
Samson Stretch
Shoulder Rolls
Overhead Squat
Full Push-Ups
GHD Sit-ups
Back Extensions

WOD: Michael
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 GHD Back Extensions
50 GHD Sit-ups

Joanne's Final Time: 45:35

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
As always, this WOD was hard because I did the actual GHD sit-ups and back extensions. For any of you who have done this, you'll know they work your entire lower body because you have to tighten and isolate. So you're not just working your abs and lower back, you're also working your hamstrings, glutes and quads.

It took forever, but with a little prodding, some laughter, and my usual smart mouth, I got through it. As always, a big thanks to Eric for running me through this WOD.

Whenever you do this or any workout, I highly recommend stretching. Personally, I take 5-10 minutes after the WOD to stretch. It makes the day after much more bearable. I'll let you know tomorrow how I'm feeling.

No comments: