Saturday, July 26, 2008

saturday run club

Today's CrossFit Games athlete is Stef. I *heart* Stef because she's my she-ro! She's totally dedicated to CrossFit and her blog can be found here. Not a lot of people have the pleasure of training with Stef because she goes at 6:30am. I remember Stef when we called her Stefaroni and she used to struggle like I do during the WODs. But struggle no more. Stef is a bonafide CrossFit stud. In the two years she's been at it, she's now one of One World's top female CrossFitters and has lost over 35 lbs. She went from a size 12 to a size 4. I have mad respect for this woman! Congrats on the games, chica!

On Saturday I was supposed to do a 5 mile walk. I went to the Nike store at Valley Fair to do it with the running club that meets there. Unfortunately, we only did 3 miles. It's okay. This week I'm upping the mileage and stuff.

I decided to sign up for the Nike Human Race event happening on August 31. I'm walking it with Diana. It should be fun. Can you imagine a global running event? Wild! And it's FREE! (Okay, if you're at a race location, you have to pay. But if you do the virtual race, it's free.)

For those of you who want to get started running and such, do visit your local Nike store and join their running club. It's free, fun and at the end of the month, you get to enter a drawing to win FREE shoes! Margaret had a stroke of beginner's luck because she won the shoes this month. YEA!

No comments: