Monday, July 14, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Happy 43rd birthday to our very own Freddy! He didn't show up because well, even CrossFitters get to have their bday off for some cake and ice cream! I love this photo of Freddy as his alter ego Fredrica. Long story. You have to be a One Worlder to figure it out.

Warm-up
1 hour heated yoga
Run 800 meters
Jump Rope Drills

WOD: Happy Birthday Freddy!
Complete the following for time:
Run 400m
43 jumping pull-ups
Row 500m
43 push-ups (on knees)
430 jump rope turns
43 sit-ups
Row 500m
43 squats
Run 400m

Joanne's Final Time - 34:40

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This WOD sucked! Okay, they all suck. This one took a long time for me because most people finished under 20 minutes. I swear that half that time I took was with the jump rope turns. I can't do a double under for shit, so to do 430 single turns took forever. I'm not lying when I say it took half the time. The ipod played four songs while I was jump roping.

Another thing I have a hard time with is pull-ups. I did the jumping pull-ups today. The WODs are taking forever, but I'm trying to be a good sport and sticking to it. It's all I can do at this point. Eric, my trainer, says I should give myself three months to nail down the movements. For now, I shouldn't pay attention to my time. I'll take that advice. Though winded at the end, I did feel like I could have pushed harder. I think that's an eating thing. Unfortunately, my eating hasn't been the greatest these past two days. Protein. Protein. Protein. I also need to eat a little before the WOD for some energy.

Yoga was great today. The room was a little cooler and I'm really liking the late afternoon classes. It gives me the entire day to work on my stuff.

No comments: