Tuesday, August 04, 2009

preach it to the car!

I need to stop thinking that the world runs on the same thought processes that I do. Something like this is just a crazy reminder of that. I don't even know where to begin with this. To the members of the peanut gallery: Please feel free to comment. Maybe it will help me make sense of this photo. ha ha!

Warm-up
Slow 400 meter run
Stretching

CrossFit One World WOD: Time Trials v2.0
Complete each of the following tasks. You may complete them in any order. You may rest as long as you want between attempts, but you must finish all six tasks within one hour.

Row 500m for time - 1:59
100 push-ups for time - 6:04
Run 400m for time - 2:20
100 pull-ups for time - 6:46
100 Abmat sit-ups (unanchored) for time - 5:37
100 squats for time 4:03

Notes (to myself) about this workout: Time trials suck. Period. I wasn't quite feeling it tonight. The key to time trials is that you really have to treat it like you're trying to qualify for the Olympics or something. Tonight my head just wasn't in the game. My previous time trials are here. Basically, I was slower tonight in almost all areas. Sucks!

I will say that time trials are also relative because as your technique gets better and changes, you might go slower because it's a technique issue. I'm not trying to say that this is the reason why I was slow tonight. I'm just saying that I need to work on technique - especially with push-ups and pull-ups. I'm beyond weak in those areas. I really should have stuck to my guns and did the push-ups on a box or bars to keep a tight core. When I'm doing 100 of those I revert to my snake-like technique and as an exercise, it's just useless because it's all arms and shoulders. I need to adjust to build my core.

For the pull-ups, my timer ma-le-functioned (that's my Guam-speak, folks). I ended up doing the first 30 with no timer, so the time you see is a guess-timation. See? My head just wasn't in the game.

Finally, listed above was the order we did them in. I need to tweak that next time because I think I should do the run first. Hmph...

Time trials are done. Yea.

No comments: