Wednesday, August 19, 2009

sugar daddy needed


*Note: Photos stolen from here.
Let's get something straight. It's not that I really need a sugar daddy. It's that I'm poor as f--k and it would be nice to indulge in things that I believe are necessities... such as a pair of custom made Risto weightlifting shoes (size 9/9.5 U.S. women's please). Oh how I long to own a pair that are deep purple and black with "j-ro" embroidered on the back of the heel. My imagination runs wild at the thought of inhaling that new leather smell on my new shoes (just like the little girl in the photo). I toss and turn at night over visions of me addressing the bar for the uber deadlift I'm about to do in my brand new kicks.... I'm not asking for Manolo Blahniks or fancy jewelry from Tiffany & Co. Just a nice pair of weightlifting shoes that were tailor-made just for me. Is that too much for a gal to ask for? (Well, I'd like the shoes and a weekly deep tissue massage and a few other things...)

I could earn more money. But with the budget crisis these days, I'm just happy to have a job. (For the record, it's embarrassing what the UC system calls a "salary" to its teaching assistants. It feels like it's barely above minimum wage!) Technically, my call for a sugar daddy has nothing to do with frivolous desires. Rather, I need a sugar daddy for my CrossFit needs. Aside from the weightlifting shoes, I sometimes need new workout pants. Some skins would be nice too. Anyone know where I can find this kind man? (Note: The catch is I'm not willing to do anything obscene for my CrossFit needs. I'm just leaning on the hope that this sugar daddy will fulfill my heart's desires out of the sheer kindness. ha ha!)

FYI: I'm flexible. I'm totally open to a sugar mama too. ha ha!

For now, I just have to focus on the dissertation and hope that someone hires me to teach at their university!

Warm-up
Row until Ron and Rebecca come back from their 800 meter run
Prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
21/15/9
Deadlifts (153# for 21 reps; 143# for the rest of the WOD)
Kettlebell Swings 35#

Joanne's Final Time - 12:57

Notes (to myself) about this workout: First off, I'd like to announce that I'm a total idiot. For yesterday's WOD, the rep scheme was 15/12/9 and I stupidly did 21/15/9, Don't ask me where I got that from. Bleh. fathlete confession: Even I have my idiot days!

I missed this WOD last week and really wanted to do it. On a rest day, I like to focus on skills, so the deadlift and kettlebell WOD seemed to be a good one. I was hoping to push some weight, but I didn't. I wanted to do 163# on the deadlift, but as you can see, I had to drop my usual 153# weight. In retrospect, I really should have stuck it out to the end and just slowed down. I also wanted to try the 44# kettlebell, but it looked like there was only one, and that had Ron's name on it. There was no way I was going to do 53#.

Other than that, I felt really good about tonight's WOD.

...but if i had those Risto weightlifting shoes I'm sure I would have kicked ass for sure!

No comments: