Monday, August 17, 2009

squat

Here are photos from the five max rep back squat WOD (again). I've posted photos of everyone else, but failed to post mine, so here it goes. fathlete confession: Yes. I am well aware of the fact that I sweat. Even when the WOD requires no sweating, I'll figure out a way to sweat anyway. I'm also aware of the fact that I sweat in weird places. Don't hate. It's just a gift I happen to have.


Lori took these photos of me so that I could see my form. Thanks a bunch, lady! The first photo shows my form from behind. I can get pretty low, breaking the ninety degree mark. The other photo shows me lifting a heavier weight. Eric is in both photos as my spotter. I forget how much I'm lifting here - maybe in the 140-ish range. I like the back squat, but I can always work on that form!

In other news... I found an article about trees that smell like cookies. Dang. Any way I can get one of these in my backyard? Also, here is this story on men, women, and stress weight gain. I thought it was interesting. If "money matters tonight," (kudos if you know what Prince song I'm talking about) here's an article about where the rich and single live. Finally, if you love your sushi and want an Obama roll, check this out. Enjoy!

Warm-up
fish game
stretching

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete 100 pull-ups for time.

Joanne's Final Time - 7:45

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This is probably one of my slowest times because I wanted to make sure my movements were solid. They were. I still do them jumping style and I still can't stand them. I tried to strategize by doing 15 per minute for the first four minutes and then doing 10 per minute for the rest of the time. I did okay. For me, it was about movement. I still need to figure out how to hang better. Maybe I'll start using the bands to gain strength. Hmph.

No comments: