Thursday, August 13, 2009

guilty

I write this out of pure guilt. I bailed on the WOD last night because I wanted to go to the Edition shin-dig in San Francisco. Swanky accessories. Pretty people in their pretty clothing. Free alcohol with no food in sight. To hang out with my friends that I haven't seen in ages was worth missing the WOD for (I could live without all the other stuff). Maraming salamat to Margaret, Dorothy, and Joon for the fabulous company last night.

Sigh. To go shopping. I wish I was a girly girl. I wish I could balance on girly girl shoes. I wish I could fit into girly girl clothes. I wish I could walk down the street and feel all eyes on me like a girly girl does. Sigh.

I hate shopping.
I hate feeling poor.
I hate feeling like I'm not a girly girl.
Hmph. Maybe I should have kept my date with the deadlifts and kettlebells instead. Bleh. Back to the writing...

P.S. Padma Lakshmi rocks. I love a gal who admits to gaining weight for her job and doesn't bat an eyelash about the scar on her arm. Also, I love people who have to eat for a living and still manage to stay fit just so that they can eat MORE. Check out the article here.

P.P.S. I haven't touched fried food since I enforced the 100 burpee rule. Be proud of me. So far, I said no to the Vietnamese imperial rolls and the jalapeno poppers. I skipped on the french fries that would have gone nicely with the caramel sundae that I shared with Margaret (Salt balances sweet things. Shut up. It's a Filipino thing. No judging). And I didn't bat an eyelash to do so. Heh!

No comments: