Wednesday, June 10, 2009

goals. goals. goals.

This is my gal pal Settie. As mentioned before, she hit her first kipping pull-up series the other day. Three in a row. Wa-hoo! I'm so proud of this woman. In the short time she's been a CrossFitter, she continues to kill each WOD. Her skills improve each time I see her on the floor. It's pretty inspiring. Okay. I'm a little jealous 'cuz she runs way faster than me and does a ton of things way better than me. But since she's so nice, I'll put the haterade back in the 'fridge. ha ha! Just kidding. I totally adore Settie and am so proud to share the floor with her.

Today Freddy did a post where he asked what our goals are. In the spirit of Freddy's post, here are mine:

By the end of the year (preferably calendar year, but I'll settle for next school year too) I would like to in the name of CrossFit:

- do one kipping pull-up
- make peace with the snatch (Note: I mean THE snatch as in the weightlifting movement, not MY snatch because we have a perfectly wonderful relationship, thank you!)
- do one unassisted handstand
- make peace with the jump rope; maybe even do an actual double under
- learn to love the GHD machine
- jump the 24" box (once I hit that, I'm done with the boxes!)

For now this is it. fathlete confession: There's a lot that I totally suck at with respect to CrosssFit. In fact, the list could very well be at least five times longer. But I won't do it. A little at a time folks. A little at a time.

Finally, I'd appreciate it if you didn't laugh at my list. I'm the first to admit that I am by no means a natural athlete. I have to fight for every pound I lift and every pull, push, kip, jump, and the like. This stuff just doesn't come easily for me. If you do laugh, that's okay. Just don't do it in front of me. Warning: I'm really good at giving people a bloody lip if need be. Not that I'd ever do this on purpose... but I'm just sayin'.

Warm-up
Run 800 meters
Stretching
Prep for WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete the following for time:
21 deadlifts 145#
21 handstand push-ups (modified on 18" box)
5 rope climbs (modified 3-for-1 subs)
15 deadlifts
15 handstand push-ups
3 rope climbs
9 deadlifts
9 handstand push-ups
1 rope climb

Joanne's Final Time - 15:19

Notes (to myself) about this workout:I've decided that for as much as I like Chong as a person, I totally hate his programming.

Okay.
Thats just me being a whiney bitch.
Sorry.

Moving on... when I was thinking about this WOD, I told myself that I would do 165# for the deadlift. When I actually did the WOD, I realized that 145# is plenty. I still think my form is off and I can't wait for Eric's deadlift clinic on Sunday. Wa-hoo! I'm terrible at handstands, but the modification was much better this time around. I was able to actually touch my head to the abmat. The next time I do this, I think I'll go to a higher box (20") and progress from there. But those ropes, how they suck! I still have to do them with bent knees because i can't seem to lift my body off the floor any other way. Bleh. How in the world I'll ever do an actual rope climb is beyond me. Conquering it straight-legged is still a tough one. I thought this was going to take me well over twenty minutes, so to finish in over fifteen was a nice surprise. Yea.

It's over now. Tomorrow is another Chong WOD. Heaven help me.

No comments: