Tuesday, June 23, 2009

finger toes

Louie "The Ninja" from crossfitoneworld on Vimeo.

Freddy just posted this video on the One World site. It's of Louie doing one round of today's WOD. Look closely at how he climbs the rope. Basically, he walks up the rope because apparently, Louie has finger toes that allow him to do this. It's freakish, I know. But I can't stop watching it! ha ha!

Warm-up
Row 500 meters
prep for the WOD
giving Eric shit because he gave me shit for being late :)

CrossFit One World WOD: "Schoolboy"
Complete as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes of:
5 deadlifts 153#
1 rope climb (modified 3 for 1)

Joanne's Final Count - exactly 11 rounds

And then...
75 GHD sit-ups
stretching

Notes (to myself) about this workout: The last time I did this WOD was here. I'm happy to announce that I beat my last count by a rope climb. I can't do an actual rope climb and doubt I ever will. I don't mind this. Seriously. I could totally do without the rope burns and such. Besides, if I am going to get a rope burn, I like to make sure it's a worthwhile adventure.

I hate that rx'd is body weight because then you have to admit what your actual body weight is. Sorry folks. You're not getting that information from me. I do know that I can't deadlift my body weight like this. I'm way too heavy for it. Therefore, I picked a weight that I found was suitable. 153# seemed to be a good fit. The next time I do this I think I'll add another 10#. I felt a lot better about today's deadlift as opposed to when we did this WOD last. I still can't do the rope climbs with straight legs, but I'm trying. Bleh.

As for the sickness, I'm still coughing up a storm. Yes, in the morning, I still find a little blood in my phlegm. According to the doctor, this is very normal because it has something to do with popping a blood vessel because of the coughing. For whatever that means, I'm perfectly normal. They gave me codeine to take at night for the cough, an asthma inhaler because I was having a hard time breathing, and suggested that I take claratin or some other allergy medicine. The good news is that the cough and such are allergy related, so no worries about swine flu. fathlete confession: I hate being sick. This is pure agony for me.

No comments: