Monday, June 22, 2009

chill-laxin'

Technically, I'm not actually chill-laxin'. I'm just taking a break to admire my new toe nails. A few weeks ago, I entered an online contest at Makeup and Beauty Blog. Every now and again Karen (the gal that operates the blog) runs contests where you leave a comment to enter a drawing. You can double your chances of winning if you also sign up for her email list (which I definitely do). So anyway... One day I entered this contest. Lo and behold... I WON! So here's a pic of one of my winning polishes. (Okay. I know this post is totally boring but oh well...)

Warm-up
Prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Clean 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Joanne's Final weight: 83/88/93/98(f)

And then...
Back squat challenge re-start:
20 80# back squats

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I'm having a really off lifting week. Well wait. I take that back. It isn't just lifting. I'm just having an off week period. My max on the clean is 93# and today that didn't budge. Oh well. At least I hit my max. But it was a total struggle. I failed the 93# attempt at least eight times. Seriously. The first four times I nearly ran out of the gym crying.

fathlete confession: I have the kind of face that can't tell a lie. Therefore, you can always tell what I'm really thinking by looking at my face. This is a tough gift to have.

After battling it out at 93#, I dropped to 88# and did fine. I then did 93# and finally hit it. From there, I bumped it up to 98# and failed miserably. Twice. Bleh.  (Contrary to popular belief, I'm sure that John W. had nothing to do with me finally hitting that 93# clean. No Shannon. I don't need a man cheering me on to do the lift. Really. I don't. ha ha)

What I should have done was stayed at 88# a few times, then did 93# a few times and just stayed there. I totally need help with the clean and any other weightlifting move that requires me to shrug my shoulders and open my hips at the same time. I'm having coordination issues with that.

I wanted to end the night well, so I did my back squat challenge re-start. Instead of doing it at 75#, I bumped it up and did 80#. I've decided that on Mondays and Thursdays I'd do the back squat challenge. Tuesdays and Wednesdays I'd do the GHD stuff (or anything else I'd feel like doing for my "and then").

No comments: