Sunday, February 07, 2010

sexy chocolate!

If what they say is true... that you are what you eat... then I'm totally stocking up on some sexy chocolate!!!

This weekend, my dear friend Jen T. was visiting from LALA land and I got to meet her new beau. After a lovely brunch, we headed over to Bittersweet. They have a wall of exotic dark chocolate and I found this one. I loved it! (I didn't buy it, but I loved taking my picture with it.) If you must know, I did have a hot cocoa. Spicy. I love the style of cocoa here because it's dark, not sugary-sweet, and has the right hint of spice. Yummy!

I've been out of commission because on Sunday, I met with Jen T. (instead of doing my Sunday morning run) and on Monday, I was held up in school and couldn't make it to class (which was fine because with all the crap Freddy's been giving me lately, I figured I needed a break from the abuse. ha ha!). I meant to post the following links earlier, but here they are:

Here is a recipe for Pistachio Chicken with Coconut Chili Ginger Sauce. I haven't done it, but it looks yummy!

For gluten-free cooking, check out Elena's Pantry. If you're looking for a new salad variation, you might like this recipe. Enjoy!

Recently, Oprah did a show on diabetes. (Kudos to Mikee I. for the tip!) With all the diabetes talk her show sparked, Six Until Me created this post critiquing Oprah's recent episode on diabetes. Interesting stuff!

Today's Small Victories
(1) The challenge is winding down and though I should go full throttle, I'm actually learning to loosen up a little bit. I'm still in challenge mode, but I'm working on changing my recent negative bouts about food and turning up the positive. I hope it freakin' works!

(2) My back is giving me problems. I decided to bite the bullet and go light. Though I partly feel like I flaked, I also know my body needed some TLC. It was tough, but I listened.

Warm-up
Some rowing; some prep for the WOD.

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
Complete 2 reps of deadlift at 75% of your single rep max every 45 seconds for eight sets. You are looking to hit two reps fast as hell....

Conditioning:
Perform eight 100m sprints with 45 seconds rest between each sprint. Rest as long as needed. Perform two 400m runs with 2 minutes rest between efforts. Rest as long as needed. Perform one 800m run.

Notes (to myself) about this workout: My 75% max is about 191#. I scaled down to 125# because my back has been weird lately. I didn't want to tweak it and figured a healthy back was more important than my ego. I could have pushed it to 150#, but when nursing an injury, it's best to go safe.

Running sucks. Period. It sucks even more when you have to do interval, sprint type of work. I blame it on the boobs.

No comments: