Thursday, February 11, 2010

dinner in a pinch

Sometimes when I get home late from the box, I'm too tired to cook but I'm starved! The above photo is my version of "dinner in a pinch." I took roasted tomato soup from Trader Joe's and mixed it with leftover roasted chicken. I then added bok choy, beets, and avocado with a touch of curry powder. It was a delicious way to get a bunch of veggies in my system.

Here are some articles of interest:
Dr. Oz's 25 Greatest Health Tips from Men's Health Magazine. I find #17 and #23 hilarious and I love #24.

Nutritionize from CrossFit Unlimited posted information about a company called Let Them Eat Cake! They make allergy friendly pastries. I haven't tried them, but their goods look delicious. The head pastry chef has been making goods like these for ten years! They don't have a storefront, but you can place orders.

Call me mean and unfair. But I went ga-ga when I ran into this story about Megan Fox's funky thumbs. I know it's unfair. But knowing that she has toe thumbs just warms my heart. ha ha!

Today's Small Victories
1) I got caught up setting up my new home office that I almost didn't make it to the box. Thank heaven I did!

Warm-up
Watching other people suffer through the last part of Cindy.

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
Bench Press 5/3/1/1/1
75/85/95 (PR!)/100 (fail)/100 (fail)

Front Squat 3/3/3
95/115/120

Conditioning: "Cindy"
Complete as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes of:
5 pull-ups (modified)
10 push-ups (on knees)
15 squats.

Joanne's Final Count - 14 rounds exactly! (PR!)

Notes (to myself) about this workout: Though I didn't RX Cindy, I did PR it! One of the first times I did Cindy, I did 13 rounds + 1 squat. However, I know that the movements were totally half-assed. Tonight I felt strong and I moved continuously. Usually, I have to break down the sets and take lots of breathers. I usually have stamina issues (especially when it comes to running), but tonight I felt good, solid, and consistent. I did a swing kip for the pull-up (but could not for the life of me get that damn chin over the bar). Though I looked like an idiot, I could feel that my pull was stronger than usual. Push-ups were on my knees, but I kept my hands narrow and tried to maintain a tight core. Squats were great. I made sure to do them at a steady pace to avoid the quad burn. Overall, I was really happy about tonight:)

2 comments:

Gladys said...

omg, i love the tj's creamy tomato soup; it's probably not as healthy as the roasted tomato, but it's hard to resist. gorgeous food photo as usual. thinking of you as i prepare to go the philippines. i'm trying to figure out how to stay as Primal as possible while i'm there (!).

j-ro said...

Oh the Philippines. Halo halo alone makes it impossible to go primal there. In all seriousness, as long as you cancel the rice and noodles, you should be good. The produce there is phenomenal!

But then again, the food is so good! I still have dreams about the flavored suman! Sigh. Good luck! Let me know how you handled it!