Sunday, January 25, 2009

snatch this!

Chana: Whatever. I'm sticking with the shaka!
Bobbi: So if I do scissors and rock, who throws up paper?
James: Dagnabbit! I don't know if I'm doing this right. You do a fist with your right, point with your left and then cross? Huh?

I learned the hard way that the one world "gang sign" was mostly a CrossFit thing.


Warm-up
Random stretches, shoulder rolls, etc.

WOD
Muscle Snatch: heavy single.
Snatch Balance: Work up to a heavy single. This should be more than you snatch!



What is a heavy single? It’s just a number. Not a personal record, but it could be. A max? Depends on how you feel, maybe. The important thing is to do a heavy single. Might be 85% and that is about it. You decide.

Joanne's muscle snatch: 35#
Joanne's snatch balance: 60#

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This was my first Sunday class with Jason (That's him above. I stole this pic from the One World flickr page). I told him way back in September that I would start taking his class in November. Yeah. This is a long time coming. I really liked the class because it focuses on the movement and less about heavy lifting. Jason is a great instructor and I learned a lot about the importance of form for the snatch. Surprisingly, I really liked the snatch balance. It's a great movement. Perhaps because it involves a squat and I'm a big fan of squats! (That is, as long as I don't have to do a thousand of them.) 

No comments: