Tuesday, January 27, 2009

semi-celebrity sighting

A few weeks ago, I volunteered for the CrossFit Level 2 Certification that One World regularly hosts. The photo above is from that cert. I wanted to say hello to the people that worked really hard that day. I'm not sure who actually received their certifications, but everyone did a great job. I have to say that I'm a total loser because I have no idea who's who in CrossFit. Some notable people in the photo... the two gentlemen on the far left are Mike (standing) and Steve (kneeling) who came all the way from Australia. "Commando" Steve is actually a trainer on the Biggest Loser, Australia. The really tall guy in the back wearing black is John Welbourn of CrossFit Balboa. He is (or was, I'm not too sure) a member of the NFL. Yeah. If I knew these people were that special, I would have been way nicer. Ha ha! I also want to say hello to Jenna (second row wearing red) and Kimberly (bottom row, middle wearing the striped pants). You two have the best spirit fingers!

Warm-up
Row 1000 meters

CrossFit One World WOD: "Barbara"
Five rounds, each for time of:
20 Inverted Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups (anchored)
50 Squats

Rest precisely three minutes between each round.

Joanne's Final Time:
Round 1 - 6:52
Round 2 - 7:13
Round 3 - 8:40
Round 4 - 8:00
Round 5 - 8:04

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
The last time I did this WOD was in October. My times today weren't as good as they were then. However, I challenged myself by doing the inverted pull-ups which are much harder than the jumping pull-ups I did before. The inverted pull-ups work the upper body more. I can't do them fully planked, so I have to do them with my feet grounded. They're still hard and I'm definitely going to practice them more.

This was a tough WOD because I like to keep decent form, especially on the squats. That just wasn't happening in the tail end, though. Just to give you an idea of what I did in total, here it goes: 100 inverted pull-ups, 150 push-ups, 200 anchored sit-ups, and 25o squats. I did all that in about 52 minutes (including breaks). Yeah. I'm a rockstar. I've got my rock moves. Don't hate! (Yeah. I also finished in about double the time as the other CrossFitters. So what? I don't care. I did it. I finished. Don't hate.)

No comments: