Monday, January 05, 2009

CrossFit One World WOD

It looks like there's a documentary on CrossFit in case any of you were wondering what the heck CrossFit is. The documentary, which is directed by Sevan Matossian and Carey Peterson focuses on the 2008 CrossFit Games. I'm not sure about when/where you could see this film, but here's the trailer. Enjoy!


Warm-up
1 hour yoga
1000 meter row
Stretching

WOD: "Daisy"
Complete 3 rounds for time of:
Run 400m with 15# weight
25 Squats with 15# weight
25 Push-ups with 15# weight
25 Walking Lunge Steps with 15# weight
25 Sit-ups with 15# weight

Joanne's Final Time - 30:46.

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This WOD is named after Freddy's dog who passed away in 2006. In truth, I'm not big on pets (it's a long story). However, since my cousin is going through a similar thing with her dog, I figured that I should mention my sympathies to those who are attached to their pets and such. They are part of the family, so losing them doesn't make it any easier.

Admittedly, this WOD wasn't as bad as I remembered - even with the heavier weight. When I did this WOD before, I opted for just a 10# plate. Today I figured I'd graduate up. Perhaps next time this WOD comes around I'll move up to 20#. The weight factors in during the run and the push-ups. Everything else, I felt that I could push the weight a little but more. Again, a lot of this comes down to patience. Since this was my first WOD of the new year, I think I did pretty good. These days I'm just not big on pushing time. Don't get me wrong, I hustle, but my thing is, as long as my movements are good, I could care less about time.

I wanted to note that today I realized that I'm really getting into the groove of yoga. Granted, I can't do it all. However, I'm managing much better than I used to. It's a definite essential for me, especially since I like really difficult exercise routines like CrossFit and running.

OH! Since it's too damn cold to run these days, I've decided to let go of running this season and go back to spinning. I'll be at Warren's 5:30am class tomorrow. Let's hope I get there early enough to beat all those Temporary Resolutionites to a bike! Damn posers!

Finally, my coach Eric has finally put up a blog. You can find his fitness blog here. Enjoy!

No comments: