Wednesday, January 17, 2007

victory dance.

So my new year's confession is this: whenever I do a CrossFit class, I usually come in last. It's like being in a P.E. class when you're in grade school.... there 's always the kid that comes in last or gets picked last. Well, that kid (even in adulthood) is yours truly. Granted, I don't mind it so much, but every now and again, it does get frustrating when you're hanging on by the skin of your teeth to finish the timed workout, while everyone else is just sitting around chatting away. Being last sucks sometimes. (Okay, it sucks all the time, but you won't hear that from me.)

Anyway, they say miracles do happen and this morning it did. For today's workout, I actually came in first. That's right... I said it. FIRST! I finished the workout in 28 minutes and one second. The person that finished after me did it in 34 minutes and 33 seconds (that's about 6 minutes after me; i was nearly a whole round ahead of everyone else). Not that I'm much for comparisons and such. However, I'm just happy to finally cross the finish line while the bow is still there. Yea. (me doing my victory dance)

4 comments:

Gladys said...

hey girl, congrats! so, what does your victory dance look like? ;-)

j-ro said...

hips. lots of hips.

the last noel said...

Cool, you beat the others. How did you do it? Spike the drinking water? That's one of my old standards.

j-ro said...

I simply mesmerized them with my new belly dancing moves. It totally slowed those folks down. heh. Just kidding. It could have been the 5:15am coffee. (note to self: must try spiking the drinking water next time)