Thursday, March 04, 2010

this can't be good.

It's not a good sign when I have this on my ipod's rotation...

It's even worse when I find myself lamenting on the fact that I'm thirty-four and I'm still wondering what the hell this feels like. In addition, I want to throw rocks at the schmuck who invited me to a seminar called, "We're in a Relationship, Now What?" If I were in a f--king relationship, "Now What?" would be the last question on my mind. In the name of avoiding slitting my wrists, I think I need to call an official ban on Sade and Sex and the City on DVD.

Today's Small Victories
1) I PR'd on the bench press!

Warm-up
Prep for WOD.
Bench Press: 10x45#/6x65#/3x75#

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
Bench Press 1/1/1 (Go for new one rep max!)
85/95/100 (fail)/100 (PR!)/102 (fail)

Conditioning:
Complete 3 rounds for time of:
5 overhead squats @ 60% of 1 rep max (53#)
7 burpees
15 jumping pull-ups
Rest 90 seconds. Repeat for a total of 4 cycles.

Joanne's Final Time - 5:48/6:04/6:27/6:08

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I'm not sure what my 1 rep max is for the OH squat. I do know that my 3 rep max is 80#. Therefore, I settled on 53#. It was a good weight. This was a tough WOD that completely beat the shit out of me. I'm sure I cried sometime after the first cycle. I don't even want to go into it right now. I didn't even jump for the burpees in the last cycle. I was thrashed!

2 comments:

Jerry L. said...

Dude, that song/video is seriously depressing. It might be a good idea to stay away from activities that foster that =)

When I was searching for a job right after graduating, a mentor of mine told me his story being in a similar situation. He said, "Having just graduated, I had the most difficult time finding a job. It was then that I said to myself, 'Someone out there desperately needs me, and I'm going to help them find me'."

I believe this is not just true for employment, but in love and in life. I've notice that when I changed my mindset, the situation becomes a moot point... it doesn't really matter anymore. The reason is because you're already on your way to bigger and better things. Hope this helps.

j-ro said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I just feel like I'm a weird, never-ending limbo. I'm feeling my age and all my "bleh". I'm trying to keep it peppy, but sometimes I get the best of me.

Right now I'm listening to Hall & Oats to make me happy....