Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


The One World site posted it. The main site posted it. So I figured I would post it too. This photo is from Urban Shield. Pictured here are our very own One World athletes: (standing) Kirk Wu (Union City PD), Nick Corti (San Leandro PD), Ken Gemmel (Alameda County SO), Roman Macias (Alameda County SO), Jolie Gentry (Newark PD), David Lee (Newark PD); (kneeling) Freddy Camacho (Union City PD), J.D. Stewart (Alameda County SO), Stan Rodrigues (Union City PD), and Darryl Manrique (Newark PD).

Warm-up
1 hour of yoga
Run 1.1 miles

WOD: "Michael"
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 GHD Back Extensions
50 AbMat Sit-ups

Joanne's Final Time - 38:54

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Eric was tired and decided to take a day off. I was happy because nothing is worse than training with someone who just doesn't feel like being at the gym. Also, rest days are important. In truth, I've been spoiled having him train me because I don't have to think about what I'm doing. He leads, I follow. That's it. So training on your own requires a little more discipline. I could train with the class, but I don't get there early enough. Also, I admit that I'm afraid of sucking in the group session. So there's my dilemma. I decided to do "Michael" because since it was technically a rest day, I was making up a WOD from the main site.

Working out at night has been challenging because it gets colder and colder. I need to bring a jacket to the floor just to keep me warm during the runs. UGH. Gear issues. Michael is pretty tough and the last time I did it, I had a hellish time because I did everything on the GHD machine. This time I decided to do the sit-ups on the AbMat because I needed the practice. Plus, they don't annoy me as much as the GHD. I think my back extensions are getting better, but still need work. Right now, my butt is sore from all the damn squats, running and now the back extensions. I'm giving my ass a break tomorrow. Literally!

No comments: