Thursday, September 04, 2008

health check

During one of my doctor appointments sometime in June, I discovered that I gained 10 pounds. Ew! It was the heaviest I had been in a long time and I just felt gross. Yesterday I had my usual diabetes check up and everything was fine. My HA1C was 6.6, a bit higher from the 6.2 is was about six months ago. The doctor wants it as close to 6.0 as much as possible. So yes, I hate being a diabetic because it takes so much damn work - even with the meds. Ultimately, I'd like to get off the meds. But it's a slow process that may or may not happen. I don't mind taking meds. I hate paying for them. Plus, having to "shoot up" Byetta is just annoying.

The good news is that I lost the ten pounds I gained when I came back to the country. Now, I'm back to where I was when I was in the Philippines. But even better than that, my body feels better. I feel more solid and strong. My next check is after the new year. I'm hoping to lose another 10-15 pounds by then. I think I can do it!

No comments: