Monday, September 22, 2008

pissy, pissy b**ch!

I haven't posted since Wednesday because I haven't worked out since Wednesday! Four days in a row of not working out is pretty rare for me these days. I needed Thursday off, Friday and Saturday I was working fairly long days and on Sunday, I was just beat because working on your feet just sucks. I'll admit that I was also part lazy and was pushing a deadline. It's the first time I've missed a long run. It's a recovery week, so I'll forgive myself.

Lesson learned. When I don't work out for an extended period of time, I get pissy. Enough said.

On a lighter note, I did go to the One World Fish Tournament and social on Friday night. I arrived late because of work, so I missed the Fish Tournament. However, I did make it for the Century game, where athletes competed to do 100 one-minute rounds of drinking one ounce of beer and doing one pull-up. Um. Yeah. This was interesting. I was part of the "bar-tending" team who so graciously filled the athletes' cups with a shot of beer. Here are some highlights from Freddy's post:


Champion! Congrats to Annie, the reigning queen of the fish game! Honorable mentioned are Austin from CrossFit Unlimited and our very own Chris S.


Where's J-Ro? This is the beginning of "Century" when the athletes were still sober and peppy. Can you spot me? I'm in this photo. Really. I am! Look closely!


Don't try this at home. Our very own Freddy and his date with pukie. Consider yourselves lucky because I had to watch video footage of Freddy on his date. Sick. I don't get those three minutes back, you know?! Thanks to Chris S. for sharing the Kodak moment in reel time.


Designated Driver. This is Will B. during round 90-something. He almost made it to the 100th round, but after round 99, he puked all over the floor. That wasn't fun. Since I poured the drinks, I felt bad and decided to drive Will safely home to his wife and kid. Um. I'm pretty sure Will still has no idea what my name is! ha ha!


This is JD sporting his new t-shirt. Yes, he was one of the century athletes too. So how did we get JD to sport this brand spankin' new tee? Easy. His wife made him wear it! (You should have been there when he realized that he was wearing this t-shirt!) Yes JD, I really am 32. Really. I am.

Warm-up
1 hour of yoga
Run 1.1 miles (Time - 12:20, four seconds faster than my last PR!)

WOD
Complete five rounds for time of:
Row 500m
20 medicine ball cleans 14#

Joanne's Final Time - 27:27

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Kudos to Eric for dealing with my bitchiness. I can't even say it's that time of the month, cuz it's not. I was just pissy and I think it's because of the lack of work out. I guess my body craves endorphins and when it doesn't get any, it gets pissy. End story. This WOD (as with most WODs, was much harder than it looked like it was going to be). I definitely need to work on those medicine ball cleans. Eric says that last week was my best week to date. This tells me that eating cottage cheese and fruit 45 minutes before working out helps me perform better because it gives me the energy I need. I'll try doing this again and see what happens.

No comments: