Wednesday, August 27, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


This is an old photo of Chong doing a modified handstand push-up. There are several variations to doing this. Today's WOD required a handstand push-up and the one I did was similar to this one in that I used the white bars for the dip. The difference was that instead of having my feet up like Chong, I had my knees on two wooden boxes. I liked today's variation much better than this one.

Warm-up
Run 800 meters
Three rounds of:
10 Shoulder Rolls
Samson Stretch
Quad Stretches

WOD: This shit sucks!
For time:
30 Modified Handstand push-ups
40 Jumping Pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 35#
60 Assisted Abmat Sit-ups
70 Burpees

Joanne's Final Time - 31:02

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
One would think that after yesterday's hellish "Death By Burpee" WOD that I would opt to skip this one. Wrong. I decided to do the CrossFit dot com WOD because I thought it would be good for me. Whatever. This sucked. I got through it, but it sucked! I got through the first four exercises in under 14 minutes. The rest of the time I was doing burpees. BOO! It took most people about 17-20 minutes to finish. I was aiming for 35 minutes, so to get done in over 31 minutes was a gift. I wish the WOD didn't feel like such a struggle. But they all do.

After four days in a row of tough exercise, I'm taking advantage of the CrossFit rest day by just doing a 4 mile maintenance run tomorrow. Yea for me.

No comments: