Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Happy Birthday, CrossFit One World!

What a blast from the past. Here is Bradass, Freddy and Pony Boy after the first official WOD. Yes, a lot has happened since then. Admittedly, I've been more off than on with CrossFit since then. But I'm happy to announce that I'm back in full force. Unfortunately, Pony Boy isn't at the studio anymore and The Breakfast Club is out of commission (with the exception of Stefaroni). I'm really excited about the future of CrossFit One World and am happy to be back with my loving (and lovely) family!

Today I learned the virtue of just listening to your body. The day started early with a 3 mile run. This is recovery week for the half marathon, so the mileage is pretty short. I decided to try to push my speed. I did fine until the last half mile when I just wanted the damn run to end! I did an 11:59 mile pace - my fastest so far. Yea for me.

I spent the day in the city attempting to have another "soul day." Lesson learned. A "soul day" just happens. You can't actually plan or expect one. Boo! Anyway, I got back to the area at around 5:30 and was exhausted! I don't know why. I just wanted to crawl in bed. I didn't feel like going to CrossFit. I went home to prepare for a short nap. Eric sent a text message saying he wasn't coming in because he had to visit a sick friend. No problem. I'll run the WOD myself. It seemed to be a very doable WOD. But then I overshot my nap and woke up later than anticipated. I missed my WOD.

No complaints though. I needed the rest. I'm not even going to try to make it up by double-WODding it some other time. My body needed the rest. I'll give it that.

No comments: