Monday, August 04, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

This is Austin of CrossFit Unlimited. Long long ago, in a land far far away, Austin used to teach Sunday classes at One World. I was never motivated enough to actually go. But I always heard about how great an instructor Austin was. I had the pleasure of taking one of Austin's classes when he filled in for someone. This was right when I got back from the Philippines. I loved the music he played and appreciated his technical knowledge. I mean, how many times do I get to hear someone go over bona fide running technique?! Anyway, I remember that class because Austin is a great teacher (something I whole heartedly respect) and because it was only the SECOND time I didn't complete the WOD. Within the week, I discovered that I failed to finish because I was dehydrated. Lesson learned. Drink your water, b---hes!

Warm-up
1 hour yoga
Run 800 meters
THREE rounds of TEN reps of:
Shoulder Rolls
Overhead Squats
Full Push-ups
AbMat Sit-ups
Back Extensions

Random Stretching

WOD
Row 1000 meters
55 pound Thruster, 21 reps
15 Jumping Pull-ups
Joanne's Final Time - 9:33

Row 750 meters
55 pound Thruster, 18 reps
12 Jumping Pull-ups
Joanne's Final Time - 7:21

Row 500 meters
55 pound Thruster, 15 reps
9 Jumping Pull-ups
Joanne's Final Time - 5:27

Rest 2 minutes between each round. Time each round separately and post times.

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
Coming in to the studio, I thought for sure I'd be doing "Grace." In fact, I was mentally preparing to do "Grace" the hard way, like how they did it at the games. And then I go to One World and Eric pulls this one on me. I would have happily done it with less bitching and moaning if I had my training gloves with me. In fact, I think I may have lost them somewhere and have to look for my back-up pair. Anyway...

With lots of chalk, I did the WOD and actually felt good about it. For the record, this doesn't mean I'm giving up on training gloves. It just means I got through today and still got to keep my pretty hands. As I told my coach Eric, "If I gotta make other people pretty, all this (motioning to my entire body) gotta be pretty too!" Ha ha ha.

I'll be out of town from Wednesday night to the following Thursday night, so I have to figure out my CrossFit options. I'm sure Eric and company will be enjoying their J-Ro break!

No comments: