Friday, June 13, 2008

today's workout

After skipping yoga for a whole week, I came back and did an hour of yoga followed by an hour of belly dance. I was spent. To me, yoga isn't hard, it's just challenging (go figure). I was sweating buckets. But it was a good, energizing workout.

Yoga was followed by bellydance, which I'm pretty rusty at. Dolian put me at the front of the class. Meaning, I can't f--k up because other students rely on watching me to get the routine. I'm usually good at picking up the routine (something I thank my Filipino genes for). But Friday just wasn't my day. I f--ked up royally. I just couldn't get the first combination down. Stupid, because it was the easiest. I felt like I had two left feet.

Dolian could tell I was struggling. Bless her heart. But she came up to me afterward and said, "That's what you get for missing so much class. Make sure you come in from now on." Okay Maestra! I hear you!

Lesson learned.
Enough said.

No comments: