Thursday, June 12, 2008

finding footing (again)

You'd think that after posting that "motivational" article I would have been happy to work out this week. No go. Today was my first workout this week. I went to spin class and did that for an hour. Bally's in Fremont has shitty bikes. I'm not going to lie about it. They just do. Luckily, I left the house at 4:50am. That's no typo. 4:50AM! I got to the gym by 5am and signed up for a bike. The room was open, so I got to choose a decent bike. They really need to update or repair what's there. The instructor even busted his bike during the workout and I thought he broke something. It weirded me out. So there you have it. Fix the damn bikes you Ballys cheap asses!

It was good to be back in spin. I like that workout. Afterward, I finally got my ass to One World, not to do the WOD, but to calibrate my Nike Sportband. All I gotta say is that it's a fabulous tool. During my test run, I did a 1.1 mile around the block and as expected, the band read 1.1 miles. I didn't even have to calibrate because the calculations were on. I'm excited about running now.

The whole no red meat thing isn't working because... I'm Filipino. I can't help it. I am trying to make a point to eat more fish, fruit and veggies. I think I'm doing okay.

Right now, I need to get into training mode. I signed up for the Nike Women's Half Marathon through Nike Plus. Apparently, if you are part of the Nike Plus family and log in 13.1 miles on the day of the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Nike will send you the finisher's gear - Tiffany necklace and all! Of course, you have to pay the entrance fee. But that's expected. On the day, there's going to be a 13.1 run at Valley Fair in San Jose and I think I'm gonna do that. Anyone with me?

Though I've been lazy, I have a fabulous and optimistic outlook on my workout future. I will be healthy and am making the proper adjustments.

I'm trying to find my footing. My motivation. It's going to work this time.

No comments: