Thursday, June 19, 2008

proud of me

I worked out last night at One World, so when 4am hit, I really didn't want to get up to spin class this morning. Oddly, I was up at 4am - going in and out of sleep. I just wasn't sure I wanted to go to spin class so early. But I did it. I got my fat, lazy and now sore from all those sit-ups yesterday ass up and went to spin. The class starts at 5:30am. However, I have to leave the house before 5am in order to sign up for a bike and set it up. It didn't used to be this big ordeal, but for some reason, while I was in Pinas, a shitload of people decided they'd take spin class at 5:30am. Bastards! So this is why spin is such a negotiation for me.

Today's class was actually really refreshing because it was a solid, let's-sweat-it-out session that included a "race day ride." It's a 10 minute portion that simulates what real cyclists do - keep a steady pace and just switch the gears while doing it. Meaning, no matter how hard the ride, you're supposed to keep the same leg pace. It was tough. But man, it was a great class.

I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of working out. Getting back into CrossFit shape has been challenging. But for now, I think if I just stick to going in and doing the WOD myself with no timer, I'll be fine. I'll do that for the next three months. By fall, I'll go back to being timed and such. It's a long process, but I'm willing to work on it.

Running is another thing I need to break through. I'm running my three mile practice runs which are fine right now. But when I get into higher mileage, I know I'm going to have to do the 4:1 run/walk pace I did for the Maui Marathon. Truth is, I hate running. I'm not even convinced that it's good for me. What I do like is the discipline of running. The challenge of running. That's why I do it.

But today, I'm proud of me. I got my fat, lazy and now sore from all those sit-ups yesterday ass up when I could have just stayed in bed.

No comments: