Thursday, October 25, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

This is Jolie. She rocks. If I was half the bad-ass she was, I'd be a very dangerous woman! Jolie is demonstrating the overhead squat which was part of today's WOD. Though I don't take her classes as often as I'd like, I always appreciate any advice she can share. She's great at giving technical advice about the movements. Very important for someone like me who is trying to nail down form.

Warm-up
FIVE rounds of:
Run 100 meters
5 (modified) burpees
THREE rounds of:
Samson Stretch
10 Shoulder Rolls
10 Overhead Squats*
Round 1: wooden dowel
Round 2: 15# bar
Round 3: 45# bar

WOD (as posted at the studio)
Complete the following for time:
75 overhead squats (M:95#/W:65#)

...And then
"Michael" 1, 2, or 3 rounds of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

Joanne's Modified WOD
Three rounds of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups
25 Overhead Squats with 15# bar

(No time recorded.)

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
My day started with a 5:30am spin workout at Bally's. The class runs for an hour. I came home, fell back asleep for an hour and then started my day with everyone else in the world :) For CrossFit, I came fairly late which let me workout by my lonesome again. As mentioned before, I haven't done CrossFit in about two weeks, so this week I'm a bit sore. In fact, I could barely do a squat this morning. For those of you who haven't noticed, I modify a lot. I'm not sure how the folks at One World feel about this. For the most part, I don't think they mind. Besides, as long as I'm in there and training, that should be important enough, right? Anyway... I didn't time the workout again. It felt like it took forever to complete. But at least I did it and managed some stretching afterward.

OWMA Quotable Quote
Eric: I look at my wife and she gets pregnant!
Joanne: Damn! That's some super sperm you got there!


Notes (to myself) about the Challenge Restart:
This is one of the many reasons why my current food challenge allows rice. My cousin-in-law Andy makes the best lo mai fan (is that how you spell it?). Granted, this photo isn't his actual dish. But last night while visiting, I happened to catch a fresh batch of this goodness. Liezel packed some for me to take home. The rice is all gone now. I did, however, manage to share some with my sister. For some reason, I was really hungry today. I think I ate more than I should have, but I feel like my body needed it. I also took an hour long power nap. Maybe my body is adjusting to my full-throttle workouts. Hmph.

No comments: