Wednesday, October 24, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

This is Caroline. Or better yet, this is ACB as in the Amazing Caroline Barnes keeping up with the WOD in Chile. Caroline is a 40-something hottie who totally motivates me whenever I see her at CrossFit. Unfortunately, I don't get to see her as often as I like, since we tend to workout at different times now. However, I only have the nicest things to say about Caroline. My fondest memory of her was during Saturday Morning Detention, I was totally lagging and running slow in the WOD. She ran outside looking for me and accompanied me while I finished my last round of whatever the Detention workout was. That is true CrossFit luv!

Warm-up
I skipped today's warm-up because I did a one hour yoga class right before I did CrossFit. It's a fantastic combination. Yoga strengthens you in ways that make you actually want to do the hard-core WOD.

WOD
Complete four rounds for time of:
25 wall balls 10#
25 Abmat sit-ups with a med ball shot 8# (this was rx'd!)
75 jump rope rotations

Joanne's Final Time: no time recorded.

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I thought this was a good workout. I was actually glad I was late and that no one showed for the 6pm class. This left me all by my lonesome, which was fine. There's something I like about not having to deal with being timed. For some reason, 10# felt really heavy at the time. However, next time I do this, I'd like to perhaps try the 12# ball - even if it's just for half the WOD. I did the Abs rx'd which was great. Instead of the double unders, I did 3-for-1 jump rope rotations because my legs were still stiff from yesterday and I needed the practice. I stretched for about 20 minutes afterward.

Notes (to myself) about the Challenge Restart:
So far so good. This is my typical standard breakfast this week. In case I didn't mention before, I'm trying to incorporate eating concepts from the following schools of thought: the Zone , Eat Clean, and Inuitive Eating. I think the combination of the three work really well for the diabetes and my own personal sanity. I'm hoping that I can find the balance between maintaining my love for food and my desire to live a full life. Onward...
bfast
This is my breakfast of champions for this week. I have to admit the 15 minutes it takes to prepare it, and then sit down and actually eat it is a great way to start the day. It's what I need to rev up my day. I can clear my mind and think about what is going to happen that day, all while munching on a fulfilling breakfast. In the bowl is my pretend champurrado, which I make with Irish oatmeal, milk, chocolate protein powder, topped of with splenda. I eat this with a tall glass of iced coffee (more milk coffee). It's a filling meal which gave me a blood sugar reading of only 117. Right on!

Today was a good eating day. I had lunch at Lagosia with Margaret. Even with dessert, it gave me a B/G (blood glucose) reading of 147. Fantastic! I ordered a stew with a side of cassava (think of gooey mashed potatoes, but with cassava). I had to try Margaret's yams (made the same way) and they were yummy too. Dinner was small, simple and home-made (B/G 138). Yea.

Other than the foot stuff, my lesson learned today is that I'm much better at being healthy when I make it a point to check my blood sugars after every meal. It's a pain, but well worth the knowledge. I have a new pink meter that came in the mail for FREE. It doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles that I'd like it to have. However, it does do simple readings which I need for my own personal knowledge and it's easy to carry. Plus, it's sooo cute! It's like diabetics gone razr! ha ha!

No comments: