Tuesday, April 28, 2009

water

There are certain things that I'm realizing I need in life. Water is one of them. Though I'm not that great a swimmer, I'm a big fan of the ocean, beaches, lakes, and the like. In particular, I'm slowly coming to grips with my perpetual love affair with the ocean. As someone who was born and raised on Guam and then did her undergraduate degree at UCSB, I've spent a good portion of my life around water. At the very least, the sound of the water was always embedded in the background noise. These days, there's not much water (or its glorious sounds) around me. (Sorry folks. Some cheesy "sounds of the ocean" CD just doesn't cut it in my book.) So any chance I get to be around it is a real treat. I just got back from Hawai`i and photos will surface soon. For now, here's a shot of me at the Sutro Baths in San Francisco. Though bay area beaches are cold for my taste, water is water and I love it nonetheless.

Warm-up
Run 800 meters
squats
stretching
bitching and moaning at Eric just because...

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete 4 rounds for time of:
Run 400m
25 Abmat sit-ups
Row 500m

Joanne's Final Time - 27:37 (I think)

Notes (to myself) about this workout: Anytime you have a timed row in a WOD it sucks. Anytime that timed row is coupled with a run it sucks even more. I was hoping to hit under 30 minutes and I did. Wa-hoo!

No comments: