Sunday, April 19, 2009

never trust a big gun and a smile



This was taken last week when Settie, Raz, and I went to the shooting range. Raz gave us our first gun lesson. I have to say that it was very informative and I have a tremendous amount of respect for those who have to handle guns for their profession. It's serious business! For the record, I'm totally looking forward to more practice. (Um, no one has to mention that I shot off the binder clip that held the target. Clearly, j-ro needs practice!)

So if anyone wants to go to the shooting range...

Warm-up
Row 500 meters
Stretcing

CrossFit One World WOD: Snatch Shrugs
On the 25# plate platform. Max snatch weight 5x (83#)
plus 25# 5x (108#)
plus 40# 1x (128#)

15 "intimidating" box jumps (I used the 20" box)

Joanne's Final Time - N/A

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I'm really digging the times when Angela comes to One World to host Olympic Weightlifting seminars because the Sunday oly lifting class picks up those lessons. Unfortunately, I didn't get to complete the entire WOD because my hands were hurting. There's a point where I tend to hold the bar and it pinches the skin. Though I can probably lift more than I did, I was stopped by the pinching. UGH! Today's program is probably a build-up to the actual snatch and all it's lovely variations. Bleh. Damn snatches!

The intimidating box jumps simply meant that I couldn't whimp out and do my usual 12". I started at the red box which is 18" and then moved to the unpainted box, which I think runs about 20". I did okay. As long as I'm not timed and can take some time to focus, I can jump at that height. I need to work on hip extensions and high knees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still crack up about you shooting the clip off!! That's why we can't shoot at the head, remember?? Can't wait to go again!!!
~Settie

j-ro said...

I have to remember to not shoot the head for next time. Yeah. Those binder clips. They were just in the way, you know? Who knew? I didn't.

I'm so itching to go again. Maybe this time I won't miss the head. ha ha!