Sunday, April 05, 2009

CFit Luv!

This is me with one of my most favorite-est people in the whole entire world! Yup! Here we are: Manila Wafer (well, that's what Brad affectionately calls me. Seriously. Check it out on the wooden pole!) and Bradass!

Warm-up
Random dancing to the house and Latin music that Cheryl happened to be bumpin'
Row 500 meters
Stretching

CrossFit One World WOD: The Clean
High Cleans:
43# 1 set of 5 reps
53# 2 x 3
63# 3 x 3

High Pull:
53# 3 x 3

Front Squat:
53# 2 x 3
73# 1 x 3
83# 2 x 3

Notes (to myself) about this workout: The clean is no joke, folks. Here is a short video of the squat clean:

As usual with most weight lifting exercises, I get into my head and I can't lift what I really can. (Um, this isn't my personal assessment. This is what everyone else says.) I have to admit that I freak out at the idea of lifting way too much and straining or breaking something. Also, I'm always worried that my form is off, which is why I opt to go light. Besides, I'd hate to do what that girl at the Santa Clara throwdown did and break an arm from a muscle up. (Okay. A clean isn't a muscle up. But I don't think it's completely impossible to break something during a lift. Moving on...) I find that I don't like the hang clean. Starting from the floor is way better because you get more power that way. Also, for as much as I love squats, the front squat isn't my favorite. I don't like how the bar can sometimes roll so far back that I can feel it in my throat. Literally! I also need more flexibility in the shoulders because I have a hard time keeping my elbows out, which sometimes keep me off-balance. Bleh.

No comments: