Monday, July 12, 2010

who made you?

Last week, Freddy did a post called "Who Made You?" where he featured his parents' wedding photo. Inspired, I called my sister and asked her to send me files of our parents wedding album that she scanned a few years back. Admittedly, I LOVE my parents' wedding album. If I were to ever have a wedding album, I'd model its design after theirs. Anyway... Here are my parents. I've been told that I look a lot like my mom. When I was younger, I didn't see it. However, as she and I get older, I see it more and more. My siblings and I all have my mother's round face and cheeks. In terms of personality, I think I'm definitely more like my dad. But that's a whole other story....

Today's Small Victories
I am on Day #3 of my three month "road to better health" challenge to myself. My first 30-day challenge is no fried food. This weekend was a wash because I simply can't resist potato chips. To make myself feel better, I tell myself that I ate fewer chips than I normally would have. Today was a good day in the eating department because I did a lot of cooking and meal prep last night. On this week's menu is shrimp ceviche, jerk chicken, cauliflower mash, and fresh artichokes (they're in season and are totally delicious!) with carrots, white nectarines, and strawberries as snacks. Well, that's what I have so far. Breakfast is consisting of a protein shake or dinner left overs. I'm still trying to think of a third dish. Perhaps a salmon something...

Warm-up
Walking 400 + meters (Lori and I already put on our weightlifting shoes. Therefore, we couldn't run. We also couldn't be bothered by putting on our regular running shoes!)

CrossFit One World WOD
Strength:
Squat 5x5 130#
Press 5x3 65#

Conditioning:
Complete 7 rounds for time of:
7 dumbbell thrusters 20#
60' bear crawl

Joanne's Final Time - 10:28

Notes (to myself) about this workout: It's been a while since I've worked out. I'm currently sore and am anticipating not being able to walk tomorrow. I'm ready for it. I plan on doing some at-home pilates stretching to loosen up. The strength training segment is changing. Damn! Just when I was getting used to it too! Oh well... I was pretty on point with my weight estimates. Granted, i know with consistent training I can lift way more. But I need patience... baby steps...

No comments: