Tuesday, December 29, 2009

pet peeves

OMG. There are actual stuffed animals called pet peeves. I'm so in the wrong business. Why didn't I think of this?!

Er. Um. After yesterday's post, I should note that I don't mean to be Miss Negative. Some days are just better than others, I guess. Yesterday someone's comments just rubbed me the wrong way and I don't appreciate disruptions in my otherwise cheerful nature. Earlier, I was sitting in a cafe where this random woman decided to take the chair from my table (without asking) to set her computer, book, and jacket down. Granted, it's just me, but she should have at least asked. What if I was waiting for a friend?!

Admittedly, I have a ton of pet peeves (e.g bad drivers who talk on their cell phones, careless people who don't replace the toilet paper when they're the ones who finished the damn roll, ignorant people who make unnecessary judgement calls about things they don't know about.... this list could go on and on). My pet peeves usually involve someone being inconsiderate to others. I'm not perfect. But I do my best to care for the people around me - even if I don't know you. I like to think it's human nature to be nice. Unfortunately, I have yet to learn that my philosophy is not universal.

Today's Small Victories
1) I came up with a GREAT idea for New Year's and goal planning.
2) I showed up to the gym.
3) I worked on hanging on the bar. I'm getting pretty good! Starting tomorrow I'm doing band work. I'm getting that damn pull-up!

Warm-up
1000 meter row
Prep for WOD

CrossFit One World WOD: Grace
Complete 30 reps of clean and overhead for time. 73#

Joanne's Final Time - 6:25

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I hate myself for forgetting my ipod. AGAIN! I actually like Grace. According to my search, the last time I did Grace I did it with 68# and finished in under 8 minutes. I'm really happy with tonight's time. Eric says that if he were coaching me through it, I could have shaved off a minute. I think he may be right. But we won't tell him that. For the next Grace, I think I can push it to 78# or 83#.

No comments: