Tuesday, September 01, 2009

red velvet goodness

In case you haven't guessed, my perfect man would be a red velvet cupcake. He would be a rich red color. When I sink my teeth into his moist, velvety, tender cake, I'd be able to taste hints of gianduia chocolate. He would be topped with a deliciously sweet, smooth, cream cheese frosting. My perfect man, my perfect red velvet cupcake would be pure heaven. Though I prefer Love at First Bite, I'll settle for some Sprinkles and would never say no to Kara's.

Warm-up
slow 400 meter run
stretching

CrossFit One World WOD: Time Trials v2.0
Complete the following tasks:
Run 400m for time
Row 500m for time
100 pull-ups for time
100 push-ups for time
100 Abmat sit-ups for time
100 squats for time
Perform the tasks in any order you wish. Rest as long as you like between efforts, but you must finish all the tasks in one hour or your effort for Time Trails v2.0 is not rx'd.

Joanne's Final Time - last month/this month
Row 500m - 1:59/2:00
Run 400m 2:20/1:58
100 pull-ups - 6:46/6:56
100 Abmat sit-ups - 5:37/6:07
100 push-ups - 6:04/6:31
100 squats - 4:03/4:17

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This was not a good time trial set for me. I was slower in all areas except the run. A part of me is disappointed, but I also feel like tonight's trials were better quality than last time. My run was faster because I was ready for it. Also, I ran in a straight line, which always helps! (Note: Skins don't make a difference. Boo!) I thought I beat my last row time until I discovered that I was looking at the wrong time unit. Therefore, I declare that second I missed was faulty and I demand a re-count! For the pull-ups, my timer mal-e-functioned last time, so this was more accurate. Also, I did all 100 with the kipping swing. The last time I did strictly jumping pull-ups. I'm happy with tonight's performance on this. Admittedly, I slacked on the sit-ups. (In my defense, it was because Tom kept talking to me. ha ha!) I did the push-ups on the parallette bars to help build my core and stop doing the snake thing I keep doing. Stupid me thought the bars were going to be easier to do. Nope. It's actually harder to use the bars because everything is stable and you engage everything you need to engage. Afterwards, my arms summoned the greatness of Madonna and Michelle Obama. It rocked! Finally, I don't know what happened with the squats. I think I was just dead tired and slipped on those too. Squats are usually my thing...

2 comments:

diana.grace said...

In my opinion, these are the BEST red velvet cupcakes I've ever had:
http://www.that-takes-the-cake.com/

Description on website:
The cupcake is called: "gentlemen prefer reds"

Traditional southern red velvet cake topped with cream cheese frosting, this is the “reddest” red velvet cake you will ever eat!!!

Let us venture forth one day if you have time!

j-ro said...

Oooh. So when are we going to this heavenly place?