Tuesday, September 08, 2009

oh shit!

I took this photo during my trip to Manila last year. Apparently, the globo gym I joined felt the need to give explicit directions on how to use the toilet...

...which brings me to today's topic: poop. I know. I know. Ew, right? Yeah. This post is inspired by one of the CrossFit affiliates. (I swear it was CrossFit Unlimited, but I can't seem to find their post.) They did a post on poop and I thought it was genius and disgusting at the same time.

My dear friend Jen T. ("T" as in tall. She's the only Filipina I know who is six feet tall. Seriously. No. She's not mixed.) is a nurse in LALA land. In a candid conversation, she recommended that people start taking a good look at their poop because it tells you a little something about what's going on in your body. I absolutely agree. fathlete confession: In this post I have no desire to share the secrets of my poop. Further, I have no desire to read about the secrets of your poop. I'm merely suggesting that you take note of your bodily functions. Thank you.

Having pointed out the importance of observing your poop, here are some poopy resources that you might find interesting:
- a book called What's Your Poo Telling You?
- the lowdown on baby poop
- an article about the different colors of your poop

I'm sure there's other stuff out there. I'm also sure you know how to use your search engines.

One last note on poop. Laugh all you want. But poop is kind of a serious issue. If your bowel movement isn't regular, I highly recommend that you see your doctor. Another thing I find helpful is a cleansing of sorts. A few years ago, a friend suggested I look into colon cleansing and he directed me to this site. Granted, I understand how marketing works. Therefore, I'm not big on the hype about colon cleansing. fathlete confession: I find colonics a little invasive and silly. Seriously. Nothing goes in the out hole, people! Since these products required no poking prodding, or shooting water up my bum, I gave them a shot and found them useful. I've also recommended these products to other people and they've all been happy with them. I'm not saying that you should order your products now. I am suggesting that you give your poop some serious thought.

Okay. Enough shit talk. On with the WOD...

Warm-up
Run 1.1 miles
Stretching

CrossFit One World WOD: Karen

Complete 150 wallballs for time. 14#

Joanne's Final Time - 12:55

Notes (to myself) about this workout: My quads are a little sore. My weakness with the wall balls is that my squat is way too deep. I'm an island girl. I can't help that I'm genetically gifted with a deep squat. Unfortunately, a deep squat is not strategically sound with a WOD like this. I can't for the life of me find my previous Karen time. (I think there's something weird about the search engine on this blog.) Therefore, I don't know if I did better or worse. Right now I don't care. I'm happy with tonight's performance and that's that.

Kudos to Settie for getting her first rope climb. I'm so proud of you!!

No comments: