Friday, September 04, 2009

first 5K

I just wanted to send out some major kudos to Miss Lori tonight. She ran her first 5K. Wa-hoo! I'm so proud of this woman. Like many one worlders, Lori manages to not show up when we do the 5K. When Freddy posted it this week, she wrote, "To 5k or not to 5k" on her facebook update. I told her that I had to miss the 5k, but that I would make it up today. She stepped up to the challenge and showed up. We made our plan of attack and went for it. Congrats to Miss Lori on her FIRST 5K!

In other news, I ran into this story on making your relationship last. I definitely respect people who can make a long term relationship work. In that department, I'm really not one to talk. I'm not big on stories like this, but I thought this was pretty straightforward advice. I find that the heart of any good relationship rests on trust and communication. I'm sure others would disagree and say that the heart of any good relationship are the woman's perky boobs and the guy's generous wallet. Now do you understand why I'm bad that the relationship thing. Anyway... happy reading!

Warm-up
Brisk 200 meter run
Stretching

CrossFit One World WOD
Run 5K

Joanne's Final Time - 34:02

Notes (to myself) about this workout: We did this in my standard 4:1 pace so that Lori could feel less overwhelmed about doing a 5K. Most people forget that long distances are about pace. Yes, 5k is a long distance if you've never run more than half a mile at a time. Tonight's run felt really good and I thought Lori handled the mileage and pace really well. As always, I have to praise my skins. They don't make me run faster, but they definitely make my legs feel good after the run.

After conquering the 5k, we did some stretching. It's very important to do this after every WOD. Five to ten minutes of stretching makes a difference.

No comments: