Monday, May 11, 2009

run, fatgirl, run!

I just saw Run Fatboy Run from my Netflix picks recently. If any of you have ever run long distances, trained for a marathon of some sort, or just like a good old funny film, I highly recommend you watch it! There's a foot blister scene that cracks me up because it hits a little too close to home. Ha ha! Also, if you've ever done something stupid in the name of l-o-v-e, then this film is for you. I had such a blast watching it (numerous times).

Warm-up
Taking photos of Freddy for my XFit files. Damn! There are some freakin' good photos!

CrossFit One World WOD
Run 5K

Joanne's Final Time - 38:23

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I ran this one alone and without stopping. Okay. I walked for about 30 seconds to drink some water. Shoot me. I was glad I did this because I think I was the only one who showed up today. I could have easily walked out of the gym, but I figured I packed my bag for a reason.

Either my love affair with CrossFit has gone overboard or I'm just plain crazy... On a rest day, you usually have your choice of WODs that you missed out. Unfortunately, I missed the entire cycle. It's usually hard for me to choose which WOD to make up because I hate them all. However, with this cycle, I had a hard time choosing which one to do because I could have done any number of them. I had to choose between the 5Krun, Michael, and Purple Rain. I chose the run, but am looking forward to doing any of the other ones (especially Purple Rain).

Want to know what's even worse?! I'm totally looking forward to doing the WODs for the next two days! It's the 2009 Crossfit One World Workout Challenge for the next two days. For the athletes who are doing the WODs rx'd, they basically get to compete for the BADASS of the Year title. (However, in my book it's no contest. Everyone at One World is a badass!)

Tomorrow two WODs have to be completed in an hour (5K row and 30 squat clean and jerks). You can take as much rest in between as you like. You just have to do both in an hour. The next day we do one of my favorite WODs - HELEN! Whaat?! I'm looking forward to these WODs because I want the extra practice on my row, squat clean and jerks, and my least favorite, pull-ups! The KB swings are enough to make up for the pull-ups.

I'm crazy, but I'm lovin' it!

Huzzah!

4 comments:

Gladys said...

i totally loved that film too! it was hilarious (esp. that blister scene)! ;-)

j-ro said...

I know. It was so great. I loved it because there's a lot about the running that I could totally relate to - the blisters, shoes, chafing, hitting the wall, finally reaching the finish line... I swear, the writers totally hit the stuff right.

Plus, David Schwimmer directed it, so it was too cool for school!

The blister scene rocks my dri-fit socks!

diana.grace said...

Yay! I want to see this movie now! I actually started running 3x a week now. Yay sun!

My goal is a 5k...or more.

j-ro said...

Awesome Diana! Since you already ran 16 miles before, 5k should be a snap!

Let me know what you think of the film. The lead, Simon Pegg is Scotty in the new Star Trek film.