Thursday, May 14, 2009

different game plan...

This is Lori and her lovely children during the NorCal qualifiers. I just wanted to give Lori a BIG shout out for rockin' Mr. Joshua today. She did awesome by finishing well under 40 minutes. The first time I met Mr. Joshua, it took me 55 minutes! You go, girl!

Warm-up
Slow 400 meter run
stretching
prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD: Mr. Joshua
Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Glute-ham sit-ups
15 Deadlifts 135#

Joanne's Final Time - 32:45

Notes (to myself) about this workout: When Eric sent me a text message saying we were going to do "Mr. Joshua" instead of the posted WOD, I tried to justify not showing up. I'm not a fan of this WOD. Okay. I hate this WOD and hated Eric even more for making us do it. Seriously, Eric. Did you really have to be one of those kids that was doing is own thing? Did you have to be the one that isn't the same?! Damn!

The first time I did this WOD, I wanted to cry. Literally! Looking back, I made the mistake of pushing the weight. 140# was way too much on the deadlift at that point. Tonight I did 135# and that was a good weight. Knowing Eric, he'll probably want me to up it to 140# or 145#. Knowing me, I'll be dumb enough to do it.

Five rounds is a lot for this WOD. I jumped the gun a little bit in the first round and decided to better pace myself. My pacing looked like this (as I try to recall correctly):
Round 1:
GHD: 20/10
D-lifts: 10/5

Round 2:
GHD: 15/15
D-lifts: 10/5

Round 3:
GHD: 15/10/5
D-lifts: 5/5/5

Round 3:
GHD: 10/10/10
D-lifts: 5/5/5

Round 4:
GHD: 10/10/10
D-lifts: 5/5/5

Round 5:
GHD: 10/10/10
D-lifts: 8/5/2

With respect to the run, I have to give a very big THANK YOU to John W. for running with me for three out of the five rounds. Tonight John W. was my CrossFit hubby (Er. Um. You had to be there to understand this hi-larity.) who not only ran with me, but he gave me my water when I needed it and totally pushed me to my limit. Admittedly, I wanted to throw my shoe at him and make him snort my blister shield. But I will not speak of such atrocities - especially since he really cheered me on and helped me through the agony. In case you're wondering, it does help to have a hot CrossFit guy yelling, "Go baby, go!" when you're trying to finish the WOD. Also, laughing while running is a great way to remember to breathe. ha ha! Maraming salamat, lo-ver! ha ha ha!

While we're on the love letter train, I also wanted to give Bobbi a shout out because she did amazing! Then again, Bobbi is a pretty amazing CrossFitter-in-denial.

Also, I want to say thanks to Eric for doing his own thing. I get why he wanted to change the WOD and I'm grateful to have reached an almost seven minute PR. You're a total rockstar! Thanks!

Finally, Freddy posted this video and I nearly died laughing watching it. Enjoy! (Note: You're better off taking up Krav Maga. Those defenses actually work!)





No comments: