Monday, May 04, 2009

love is in the air!

CFit love is never complete with out its supporting cast. Here are Queen Jolie (who ranked top five last year, so she didn't need to do the quals) and "Girl Crush" Cheryl (who didn't compete in the quals because of an injury). They were there representing One World by cheering on our awesome athletes.

In case anyone of you every wondered why I have such a love affair with my gym, please log on to the CrossFit One World site. This weekend was the regional qualifiers for July's CrossFit Games. As always, it is an amazing event and I totally wish I was there!

Anyway... please scroll through the comments from yesterday and today and you'll see what I mean about CrossFit love being in the air. Everyone is on a total high because watching everyone compete is so inspiring. Everyone's comments are just amazing. I do wish I skipped out on work to be there.

Fine. Fine. Fine. I'll be sure to make it out next year ('cuz Lisette said she'd compete!)!

For now, I leave you with a prime example of CFit luv. Here's what Alex (pictured here with Freddy) had to say in response to John W's post...
So why arent you sleeping there Johnny. Good Luck Brother on your exam, your blog was amazing but you forgot to mention one thing. How awesome you performed as a OneWorld Athlete. I cant believe how long we have come from that day in seattle where a simple WOD tore us a reality check, now look at us here at the mecca of crossfits.It meant a lot to me the motivation you gave me after WOD A, seriously after that performance I wanted to run home in shame. You and Jen came out and really made me feel better and I cant thank you two enough. It was rough really, feeling a wall the day of your competition and hitting it hard while your whole family is cheering you on and while your logo is on your chest not being able to complete something youve done many times over in the best box this country can create.I felt like a let down and I came 30 seconds away from not even attempting the second WOD. I had no juice in that WOD either but looking back behind me was my brother pounding out rep after rep and I couldnt imagine quitting with you and my family cheering me on. I cant thank everyone enough for making me feel so accomplished even after I was acting like a little bitch through the day. I went home after the competition and crashed, waking up 15 hours later. Felt really bad not making it to see Will and Freddy compete, (Freddy I have so much respect for you not only as an athlete but as a brother. You were running around looking for ICE ignoring all the groupies trying to get your attention. You care so much about us and it shows as you coached us all through our WODS.) Not sure what was wrong with me Sat but I am sure of this! This weekend was proof that a family exists greater than most families created by DNA. While Freddy was completing WOD A I couldnt help but peek at schoolboy and remember the same joy I got when I watched him complete lil bear a couple of weeks ago. See it happens everyday in this amazing place in union city, a work out meets a member and we all rally behind each other to destroy it. IT happened in aromas with every oneworlder there cheering each other on. Freddy, Eric, Will, John, Kirk, Bradass, JoeD, Mia, Maria, Brian, Schoolboy, Czar, and Neil, you all did this box well. Every one that came out to support, Mary Anna Rita Chris Cheryl Jen Allison Jolie Lisette doug and the rest, you were equally amazing, I saw it every heat and I cant wait to feel that again as we cheer our team on at the affiliate challenge. Looking at the Oakland banner I couldnt help but think, the title belongs to oneworld and I know with the talent this gym has it will be here in July. keep training hard guys I want to see you guys take it, I am so blessed to be a part of this community and so honored to be everyones friend. Thank you again, miss you guys see you soon.

-Alex C.

Finally, here is a list of our athletes and their standings. Note: There were roughly 200 athletes that competed this weekend. NorCal is by far one of the most competitive regions because it's where CrossFit started. No matter where anyone ranked, their performances were outstanding! There may be minor adjustments because the scores are still being re-tallied and ties are taking into effect. Therefore, some of these standings may go up a few points. Again, I'm SO PROUD of all of you!

Maria C.- 30
Mia S.- 50

Freddy C. - 15
Will B. - 29
John W. - 45
Eric G. - 46
Kirk W.- 69
Chong T.- 75
Brian G.- 91
Joe D. - 95
Josh J.- 97
Marty M.- 112
Alex C.- 114
Neil D.- 116
Bradass M.- 124
Chris L. - 131
Czar V.- 136


No comments: