Tuesday, May 05, 2009

butt what?!

I have to admit that I have sitemeter on this blog. So every now and again, I like to see what people are looking at, how they found me, and all that other good stuff. In short, I don't get to know too much about my cyber-stalkers, but I get a glimpse of who you are. One of the most visited pages on this blog is this one. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why CrossFit One World hottie Lara is so sought out. I'm just curious to know how the hell y'all find this damn page. Anyway.... I'm naturally envious of Lara cuz she's got sick abs and a butt to boot (as illustrated here in what I'm assuming is her "you're under arrest" pose). Damn. Life just isn't fair for j-ro, is it?! Luckily, I love Lara with all my heart anyway!

Warm-up
Row 500 meters
Stretching

CrossFit One World WOD: "Happy Cinco de Mayo"
You can go get drunk afterwards....

Complete the following:
Run 1600m for time
Rest exactly five minutes
Run 800m for time
Rest exactly four minutes
Run 400m for time
Rest exactly three minutes
Run 200m
Your score is the total time of all the runs.

Here were my estimates before going in to the WOD: 12:00/ 6:00/ 2:30/ 1:10

Joanne's Final Time - 11:16/ 5:15/ 2:22/ :53. My total time was 19:46

Notes (to myself) about this workout: It's ironic that I'm a slow runner because I actually like running. However, as I've said before, this fierce runner is a distance runner, so I don't necessarily run for speed or time. I just run to finish. I'd really like to take a class or get some pointers on running form because I feel like there has to be a more efficient way of running these shorter distances. And yes, I'm heavy. This makes running fast difficult. When you've mastered fast speeds with more-than-Cs, you let me know how it works, okay? Yeah. Thanks.

WODs like this suck, but they're a good wake-up call. I'm glad that I beat all of my time estimates. Wa-hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey J-Ro,

The Evil Twin Maria clued me in on your site. I love reading about your progress and, especially about the notes to self portion. I wish I had recorded my own thoughts when I first started at One World.

I am happy to see another One Worlder and a really nice gal enjoy the sport, the box and the family.

Mary the other Evil Twin

j-ro said...

Hi Mary!!

So good to see you here. I still have those photos of you doing a one-handed snatch shrug. You're so badass!

Looking forward to seeing you!